Happy New Year

Saturday 2 January 2010

2009 was a fairly good year. I'm not obsessive about making resolutions but I'm pleased to say that I managed to keep some of mine:

- I trained for and successfully completed the Great Eastern Run in under two hours 10 minutes.
- I cooked more from scratch than ever before and kept food waste to a minimum.
- Kept to my resolution of two years ago to stick to buying clothes and shoes that are good quality, long-lasting and versatile.
- I kept up with my blog, even though I haven't been posting as much as I'd like since the summer because I've been so busy. At the beginning of 2009 I was just starting to move from blogging friends-only at Livejournal to using this thing. But I got some readers. I got featured on the Guardian's Best of the Web. I started writing for BitchBuzz. This year I want to keep on posting and make the effort to do it more often. There have been so many times when I've been itching to write a post but haven't really had the time, then by the time I do get round to writing it's really too late.
- I went to Million Women Rise and Reclaim the Night London, but didn't manage to go to Feminism in London or Greenbelt as I'd planned. I was also unsuccessful in finding a local women's group to join (I don't have time to set up my own).
- I attempted to get more involved in church life through my small group and the Young Adults group and was part of the choir for our Christmas services. Getting more involved meant the chance to make some wonderful new friends.

The Noughties took me from the ages of 15 to 25. Consequently they were slightly all over the place with regular dramas, mistakes, crises and bad choices made. Since 2007 life has been much happier and more stable and it just keeps getting better. Here's to the next decade being a good one; happy new year everyone.

PS I will be entering the Great Eastern Run this year and am hoping to get my time down to something within two hours. Lots of speed training for me in 2010 (with the help of my local running club).

2 comments:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today. It was really insightful and personal. I appreciated getting it.

Hannah Mudge said...

No problem :) I love your blog and you linking to that talk in particular really touched me.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger